Medical Thermography Witham
Want to book in for medical thermography? Witham residents can make an appointment with Maypole Health – a complimentary health clinic offering a wide range of alternative therapies and treatments.
Our friendly team of experienced professionals are fully trained to administer medical thermography to identify the cause of pain or disease by visualising inflammation, circulation and nerve damage.
For more information or to book an appointment for medical thermography, Witham residents should contact Maypole Health today – call 01621 88 80 80, email email@example.com, or fill out our online enquiry form.
What is medical thermography? Witham information
Just like ultrasound and mammography, medical thermography (also known as Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging or DITI) is a non-invasive way of showing us how the body is functioning and can help identify certain neuromuscular, rheumatological and vascular problems.
It is commonly used as a breast health assessment, helping to identify early changes and warn of the development of breast disease at the earliest possible time. Medical thermography monitors your breast health by looking for any irregular or abnormal blood flow in the breasts, chest and back, then visualising any thermal changes between each screening.
As opposed to mammography, which visualises the end of a disease process and can show tumours only when they are well established, medical thermography can “see” tumours up to 8 years in advance.
Other benefits of medical thermography include:
- Proactive prevention – Early detection is still the most important factor in the outcome of breast disease.
- Radiation-free – Medical thermography provides no radiation risk for both patient and practitioner.
- Non-invasive – You don’t need to be touched or squashed.
- 100% safe – Nothing is emitted from the camera, nothing is injected into your body, and there is no risk of damage to your cellular DNA.
- Easy and inexpensive – Compared to other diagnostic imaging procedures, medical thermography is an effortless and affordable experience.
- Reliable and comprehensive – A larger area can be seen, including the thyroid and lymph glands in the armpits, by state-of-the-art imaging technology.
- Versatile applications – Medical thermography can help you monitor the healing process after surgery, chemo- or radiation therapy.
Medical thermography – Witham information
The town of Witham in Essex is part of the District of Braintree and has a population of 25,353. It is located between Chelmsford and Colchester on the Roman road.
Points of interest in the local area include the Blackwater Rail Trail, the Holy Family and All Saints Catholic Church and Thomas Plume’s Library.