Medical Thermography Essex
Want to discover more about medical thermography? Essex-based Maypole Health can provide you with everything you need to know. Think of us as your local health clinic specialising in alternative and complimentary treatments.
We have a team of experienced professionals in the field of medical thermography who are committed to promoting good health and the prevention of disease by utilising the physiological warning signs made possible by infrared imaging.
For more information or to book an appointment for medical thermography, Essex locals should contact Maypole Health today – call 01621 88 80 80, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our online enquiry form.
What to expect with medical thermography – Essex-based Maypole Health explains
Medical thermography, also called Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging or DITI, is a simple test of physiology that utilises cutting-edge technology. It aims to understand how the patient is functioning by measuring and displaying body surface temperature – an extremely effective way of identifying potential health issues.
One of the most common applications for medical thermography is a breast health assessment. This is because thermal imaging can assist in the early detection of cancer, especially temperature patterns associated with the blood flow that feeds cancer cells as well as the blood flow associated with inflammation.
As opposed to mammography, which visualises the end of a disease process and can show tumours only when they are well established, medical thermography can “see” tumours up to 8 years in advance.
Here’s more reasons to consider medical thermography:
- Early detection – Increase your chance of overcoming breast disease by picking it up early.
- No radiation – Both the patient and practitioner don’t need to worry about radiation poisoning.
- Non-invasive – You don’t need to be touched or squashed.
- Totally safe – Medical thermography is painless, discreet and involves no injections or medication.
- Affordable screening method – The inexpensive nature of medical thermography makes a welcome change to other diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Reliable and comprehensive – A larger area can be seen, including the thyroid and lymph glands in the armpits, by state-of-the-art imaging technology.
- Extremely versatile – Thermography can be used by women of all ages, from pre-adolescence to post-menopausal women.
Medical thermography – Essex information
Essex is one of England’s home counties bordering Suffolk and Cambridgeshire to the north, Hertfordshire to the west, Kent across the estuary of the River Thames to the south, and London to the south-west.
As well as rural areas, the county also includes London Stansted Airport, the new towns of Basildon and Harlow, Lakeside Shopping Centre, the port of Tilbury and the borough of Southend-on-Sea.