Medical Thermography Basildon
Interested in exploring medical thermography? Basildon residents can discover more by booking an appointment at Maypole Health – a complementary health clinic specialising in alternative therapies.
Our team of friendly practitioners, who are fully trained in carrying out medical thermography, will use infrared imaging to discover whether inflammation, poor circulation or nerve damage is risking your health.
To arrange a visit to Maypole Health or for more information about medical thermography, Basildon residents should contact us today – call 01621 88 80 80, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our online enquiry form.
Understanding medical thermography – Basildon
Medical thermography is a non-invasive way of measuring and displaying body surface temperature. Similar to ultrasound and mammography, it is also known as Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging or DITI.
Due to its ability to detect thermal changes in the body such as increased blood flow, medical thermography is commonly used as a breast health assessment. Besides looking for an unusual blood supply, medical thermography can also monitor general changes, which could be an indication of fibrocystic/hormone activity or inflammatory processes like inflammatory breast cancer – a type of cancer that does not show up on a mammogram, because there are no lumps.
Another advantage over mammography, which only shows tumours once they have fully developed, is that medical thermography can detect cancer up to eight years in advance.
Here’s more reasons to consider medical thermography:
- Early detection – Increase your chance of overcoming breast disease by picking it up early.
- Radiation-free – Medical thermography provides no radiation risk for both patient and practitioner.
- Non-invasive – Patients find medical thermography a comfortable and carefree form of screening.
- Totally safe – Medical thermography is painless, discreet and involves no injections or medication.
- Easy and inexpensive – Compared to other diagnostic imaging procedures, medical thermography is an effortless and affordable experience.
- 100% reliable – This state-of-the-art technology can encompass an extremely large area including the thyroid and lymph glands in the armpits.
- Extremely versatile – Thermography can be used by women of all ages, from pre-adolescence to post-menopausal women.
Medical thermography – Basildon local information
The town and borough of Basildon in Essex is home to around 185,862 people. The district has three main population areas – the towns of Billericay and Wickford as well as Basildon, Laindon and Pitsea.
Basildon District is a prosperous business location and has in recent years seen significant inward investment and jobs growth. Throughout Basildon District there are major developments planned estimated to total nearly £2 billion.